Monday, October 25, 2010

DIY Monday! Crochet Triangle Garland.





Today, I'm going to teach you how to make this ADORABLE Triangle Banner. They're super cute and are pretty much perfect anywhere in your house.



*Each triangle is about 3" X 3 1/2"*

SUPPLY LIST:


-Medium (worsted) weight yarn. I'm using some cheap Red Heart Yarn. I find this type of yarn is kind of scratchy, so it's not too comfortable for blankets and scarves so for this banner project, it's perfect since no one is going to wear it.

-Size H/8-5.00MM crochet hook.

-Scissors.

PATTERN:

(for the triangles)
ch 6, slst into first st to make a ring.

Round 1- ch 3, 2 dc in center of the ring, ch 4, 3 dc in ring, ch 4, 3 dc in ring, ch 4, slst into the ch-3 in the beginning of the round.

Round 2- ch 3, 2 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st, ch 2, (2 dc, ch 4, 2 dc) in the ch-4 sp, ch 2, * dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, dc in next st, ch 2, (2 dc, ch 4, 2 dc) in next ch-4 sp, ch 2 **, repeat the directions between * and ** once, then sl st in beginning ch-3 of this round, fasten off.

Don't worry if your triangles look a little wonky. Just stretch them a little and they will look fine. Make as many as you want for your garland. I made five for mine.

ATTACHING THE TRIANGLES:

ch 20, slst onto a corner of your first triangle. Like so...



sc 2 in ch-2 sp, sc 1 in next 2 st, sc 2 in ch-2 sp, sc 1 in next 4 stitch, sc 2 in ch-2 sp, sc 1 in next 2 st, sc 2 in ch-2 sp, ch 15 repeat this process until all triangles are attached, ch 25 and fasten off.



Hang and enjoy. :)

5 comments:

  1. Ok, that's it, I love you and this post very much <3
    And I can't wait to make this, so so pretty! I just need the time.

    And btw, I'm adding your blog to my blogroll list here-> http://yumepony.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super easy and fast to make. Happy crafting!! And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww super cute!!! You have a great blog.. :) Def will be back for a visit.!!

    xx Love & Aloha
    *Swing by and enter to win a $100 gift card to Shopbop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I just found your blog and I love it! Great post and crochet instructions. I just tried it out on my blog, check it out!

    http://findingmystitch.blogspot.com/2010/11/touch-of-triangles.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh¡¡ i love crochet, lovely garland¡
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete