Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Someone to Be Creative With...


I recently found a long lost acquaintance from back in my college days. Her name is Chelsea and I had a speech class with her in a small community college. It's kind of strange how I found her. My ex from wayyyyyy back in day, whom I'm still really good friends with, just got engaged. His fiance and I have become friends and for some reason we got on the topic of Etsy. I told her that I have started my own Etsy shop and she said that her sister had one also, so I found her sister and added her on Facebook and to my favorites on Etsy. I didn't really look at her pictures on Facebook, but I did look at her beautiful paintings. They're SO good. So, yesterday Chelsea messages me on Facebook and says that she didn't know why I added her, but she began looking at my pictures and remembered that we took a class in college. That was 5 years ago. We BOTH look different. We then got on the topic of Etsy and we found out that we have the same kind of business goals, we both have JUST started our shops on Etsy, we both JUST got married, we even live 5 minutes away from each other. FREAKING weird!! I'm not sure if you guys understand how strange it is to find someone like us in Fort Worth, TX. People look at us weird because of our passion for creating indie art and handmade goodies while drinking wine and listening to our favorite vinyls. People in Fort Worth are very conservative and sometimes very cold hearted. I almost gave up hope on finding someone like myself to share this crazy passion. I'm glad I didn't!! I have a feeling this is a start of an AMAZING friendship and hopefully a start of a new business partner!

(This has to be my favorite painting of Chelsea's)
Find it here at her Etsy shop
Follow her blog too!

No comments:

Post a Comment