Thursday, August 12, 2010
4 Simple Goals (before 2011)
I'm all about goals. I love making lists of things I want and need to do to establish a better life. I was reading one of my favorite blogs by Miss (soon to be Mrs.) Elsie Flannigan and she created a special project called "4 Simple Goals". It's pretty self explanatory, but here are the guidelines...
1. choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.
2. do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". get what i'm saying? positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.
5. blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year! i'll be doing this too! links back to this post are appreciated.
PS: Elsie's link is to the right. She's the one holding the fox mask.
Here are my 4 Simple Goals...
1. Stop Procrastinating.
I Procrastinate WAYYYY too much than I need to which tends to get me into trouble. I have a lot of things I want to do and the reason I feel like I can't get them done is because I wait until the last minute to start. This will show in more blogs, more full nights of rest, just more productivity. Productivity is what I need to get to where I want to be. I'm not getting any younger.
2.Work harder on The Crafty Fox Etsy Shop.
If I ever want to quit my day job, I HAVE to work harder. I only have four items in my shop and I haven't sold anything. I also need to start advertising my Etsy shop more.
3.Make a creative space for my projects.
We live in a 3 bedroom house. One bedroom, of course is the master, the second one is Kimber's room and the other was Jason's office, but is now a room for our new roommate. There is WAY too much going on here at the house to find a quiet, creative space. If there are any ideas for this problem, pass them on this way!
4.Start a Wardrobe Remix on Flickr.
This means getting a better camera, taking more pictures, and possibly having a clothing trading party with friends every month.
Welp...there they are. My 4 simple goals. Your turn!!!