Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crochet Heart Headband D.I.Y.



Today, I'm going to show you how to make your own adorable crochet heart headband. Just in time for Valentine's Day. If you're a fast crocheter, it will only take about ten minutes to do.

//Supplies//

Yarn. I'm using Vanna's Choice Yarn in Dusty Purple.

Size H/8-5.00MM Crochet Hook.


//Step One//
Making the heart.

The pattern is a LITTLE confusing. Just make sure you follow STEP by STEP!!
Ch 6 and join with sl st

Rnd 1: Working in ring: sc, hdc, dc, 2tr, 2dc, 3hdc, sc, dc, sc, 3hdc, 2dc, 2tr, dc, hdc, sc.
Join with sl st to first sc.

Rnd 2: ch1, sc in same st, 2hdc in next st, 2 dc in next st, 2 tr in next 2 st, dc in next 2 sts, 2hdc in next st, hdc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, dc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st, dc in next 2 sts, 2tr in next 2st, 2 dc in next st, 2 hdc in next st, sc. sl st to join

//Tip//
If you wanted, you could stop here and grab an alligator clip and attached the clip to the back of the heart and clip it in your hair. I think I'm going to make a lot of these for my daughter. :)

//Step Two//
Making the headband.

The headband is just a long chain. I chained until it fit snug around my head. When you finish off the chain, leave a little extra string so you can tie it. *Remember, yarn stretches so don't make it too loose.*

//Step Three//
Joining the heart and the headband.


Place the headband chain around your head and pick a spot where you want it to go. Grab the spot with your fingers and put your hook through to mark it. With the back of the heart facing you, sc the chain to the back of the heart. It doesn't have to look perfect. No one will see that side.

Annnnnd you're DONE! I hope you enjoyed this week's D.I.Y!!

Happy crocheting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment