Wednesday, May 25, 2011

//Texas Twister//


source
I felt a little like Dorothy last night, although, I didn't get bonked in the head and I didn't go to a magical place called Oz.
I've never been so scared in my life. Sirens started going off around 7:30pm and we were told to take cover. It was just Kimber and myself at home so we grabbed our kitty, Hiedi, I grabbed Kimber's crib mattress, ran to the guest bathroom and we laid in the bathtub with the mattress over us. I desperately tried to call my husband that was at work, but he didn't answer, so I called my mom to see what she knew and to tell me where it was so I could prepare myself mentally. I was so scared I was shaking and hyperventilating as I was talking to her. Kimber stayed really calm. She was joking and laughing. She thought we were building a fort. My mom told me that the tornado was seen about 5 miles away from our house and she was trying to keep me calm. My phone started to die, so I told my mom I'd call her back when something happened. We were both in the bathtub and I had Kimber straddled so she couldn't fly away and we sat there quietly until I started hearing really strong winds. I thought to myself, "This is it." I held on to Kimber tighter and started praying. After a few seconds of horrible winds, I called my mom and she said that it had passed us. I got up enough courage to walk out of the bathroom and step outside. And I saw this:

I'm pretty sure it didn't touch down, but it was developing over us when we heard the strong winds. Either way, I don't ever want to go through that again.
This has been a crazy couple of weeks. I need to update you guys about the Austin trip and our first anniversary, hanging out with our new friend from England and also how I'm in the top 5 hottest mom's in DFW and I could win $2500 worth of spa treatment!! It's been a very busy month. Phew! It's almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment